1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Technical Advanced apprentice Daily tasks vary depending on what section we are on but includes things like turning, milling, welding, fitting, assembly and electronics
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
achieved PEO level 2 and BTEC level 3 and lots of courses that have been completed to provide me with more skills or developed existing school
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I look forward to coming into work and meeting new people and trying something new and facing new challenges every day/week
4. How valued do you feel by Rolls-Royce?
Very valued as there is always support available and have monthly reviews to review progress
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Lots of support and a clear training plan of what we will be doing and when. Available to see training plan whenever we want
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Lots of support as we are each aligned a buddy and an ADL which is an apprentice development leader or line manager as such
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
various different internal numbers are available to ring if we need help with anything from bullying to problems with getting into work in the morning
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
its more than enough to keep me going as it is very well paid and allows me to buy things that I wouldn't of been able to before.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There is AGA which set up apprentice nights that we can attend and there are always different things going on in and around work.
9a. Would you recommend Rolls-Royce to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Very good, organised company and they are really good when it comes too looking after their employees and their needs and various things like that
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Rolls-Royce? *
Take all the opportunities that are offered as it is all paid for and you are getting paid to do it so just enjoy it as much as possible.
More from Rolls-RoyceMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!