Project Management apprentice at Rolls-Royce

Derby
Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4)
28th April 2016

Connect with Rolls-Royce

7.9/10

Within my role I support a project manager on improvement projects within submarines. Day-to-day tasks include reviewing/analysing datasets to understand project progress, stakeholder management, change control and risk analysis.

I feel I have massively improved my communication skills as in my role I have to meet many new people. Also I have developed new skills within project manager for example stakeholder management, planning skills, organisation skills and risk management skills.

I have massively enjoyed the programme, I feel it has developed me as a person and allowed me to gain many new skills. I enjoy the breadth this apprentice offers allowing me to work in many different areas and roles within the company.

4. How valued do you feel by Rolls-Royce?

I feel valued as a apprentice as they put lots of investment within their schemes and allow us to go on lots of training and development days.

It is mostly organised however the process of finishing your apprentice and what happens after could be more clear and structured.

I receive lots of support, I have an apprentice development leader who I have regular reviews with to go over progress and ensure I am happy with my placement and the scheme.

The support is very good from my employer, I have regular reviews to ensure I am happy and if I require any support.

As I live at home this salary it suitable however if I had a house to run it would be more difficult to meet costs.

Yes we have the an apprentice/graduate programme that run events such as charity balls outside of work and other social events.

9a. Would you recommend Rolls-Royce to a friend? *

Rolls-Royce looks after their apprentices and provide good support and help you to achieve your personal goals and develop your skills.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Rolls-Royce? *

Read up about the company and make sure you apply for scheme that suits you best as the company offers a wide range of different schemes.