Duel Fuel Meter Operative at EDF Energy

Plymouth

Connect with EDF Energy

9.3/10

Installing Duel Fuel Smart Meters. Interacting with customers, Installing meters, Overcoming and solving problems. Speaking to managers about issues and situations related to work. Speaking to customers in their homes/businesses about things that benefit them. Working with electricity and gas.

I had a small amount of electrical knowledge from college, but I have learned a lot about electricity and gas, what to do when something goes wrong, and I am much more confident working in these situations. Electrical training in internal with the company, and gas training is external with a college.

I have never been a paperwork person, so I struggle with that in some respect but I am provided with all the support I need. The practical work is enjoyable and, personally, I enjoy solving problems, such as tidiness of installations. The apprenticeship great even though, coming from an early apprenticeship scheme, there has been some organisational issues. This problem will only get better over time.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 1 role at EDF Energy

4. How valued do you feel by EDF Energy?

EDF Energy seem to value all of their staff and I feel appreciated by my managers and mentors.

The organisation, as a whole, is good apart from a few blips. This is solely due to the scheme being early on/new, and this problem will be sorted over time.

All the support I need is provided promptly and in a very helpful way.

The employer support is great. I feel that if I need anything, all I need to do is ask (within reason).

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 1 role at EDF Energy

My salary is very good for an apprentice, and I am able to live in a decent flat with no extra support on top of my salary. EDF Energy cover my travel costs, and I am provided with a company van, which is also covered.

I've heard that EDF Energy run events outside of work, though, I have never attended.

9a. Would you recommend EDF Energy to a friend? *

I already have. EDF Energy are a great company to work for.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EDF Energy? *

Be honest and genuine. It's OK to be nervous so try not to stress to much.