1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Manufacturing Engineer - Methods and Validation Main task is the offload of a part from old Ansty factory into modern Inchinnan factory, this includes the completion of a LAIr pack, the consolidation of technical instructions, all sorts of validaton (Dimensional, Metallurgical, etc...) and Testings (Equivalence and Functionality). This requires me to cooperate with the Production and ME team in Ansty to obtain all information to fulfill said required tasks. Responsibilities includes your neck on the line if the part fails to transfer on time.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
NVQ Level 2 NVQ Level 3 BTEC Level 3 Fd in Integrated Engineering Numerous Engineering related courses (Drawing, PLM) Personal Development Courses (Developing Personal Integrity) Engineering Knowledge on the job A lot!
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The work is reasonably varied and challenging which makes it enjoyable. Team is good, company is starting to reform better.
4. How valued do you feel by Rolls-Royce?
Due to the responsibilities i feel well valued by my manager and team, manager also informs his manager of this also.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Not the greatest organisation, but it is getting there. For me personally i did not require much support because i was able to do it all independantl (such as sort out my own placements), but i know that others have managed to suffer from the lack of organisation
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Not much support, not much support needed
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
For my age, very well
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes, including STEM
9a. Would you recommend Rolls-Royce to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Fun, enjoyable, ability to move up the ladder
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Rolls-Royce? *
More from Rolls-RoyceMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!