1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
i am an advanced practical apprentice, currently in my final year of the program. my day to day activities involve getting a basic understanding of a number of different machines and operations that we make here. Near the end of my apprenticeship i will specialise on just one machine and this will be the machine i will be working on when i finish my apprenticeship
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes, i have definitely learnt new skils on how to run a machine competently and also on my own accord i have picked up basic programming skills
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
i do enjoy the program on a whole but there is some limitations i feel. Because of the expensive nature of the product we make apprentices are not giving any responsibility with the machining of jobs.
4. How valued do you feel by Rolls-Royce?
i do feel valued greatly
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
i believe it could be structured better, allowing us to get more out of each machine section we work on by monitoring us but also trusting us enough to give us some responsibility
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
yes i recieve a lot of support.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
could be more.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
the salary at Rolls-Royce is excellent.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9a. Would you recommend Rolls-Royce to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
it is a great oppurtinity to advance in one of the biggest and cutting edg engineering companies in the world.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Rolls-Royce? *
my one tip would be to make sure you are very team orientated, there is a big team culture in Rolls-Royce and everything is based around this.
More from Rolls-RoyceMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!