1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am an apprentice mechanical engineer. I get involved in many tasks from design work to project management to risk assessment.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes i have been on many different courses, internally and externally. I have gained various qualifications in such a short time. I have learned different practical skills, theoretical, social and IT skills, plus many more.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The programme is very varied, which keeps the job interesting.
4. How valued do you feel by Rolls-Royce?
Very - everybody treats you with respect and is really helpful.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
There is a set plan to follow, however there have been a couple of small issues with placements not being available but they were soon sorted out.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
The training provider was good.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Rolls-Royce have been very supportive. They provide you with a mentor and hold regular reviews.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The wage is very good for an apprentice.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes, the company has a leisure assosciation with a pub. There also STEM events to help out with.
9a. Would you recommend Rolls-Royce to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
It is a very good global business to work for. They operate globally and across various different sectors. Rates of pay are good and there are many opportunities for career progression.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Rolls-Royce? *
Do your research. Make sure you know about the company and their product.
More from Rolls-RoyceMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!