1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Data systems engineer, Technial role involved in both software and hardware measuremnt systems. Invoilved in installing software and hardaware upgrades to test facilitys for tetsing Civil Large Engines. Day to day acivites are all project related and change all the time.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
throught out my apprenticeship Rolls royce funded my Degree, in electrical engineeing, completed 30+ courses in a wide range of things from health and safety to how to write a technical reort.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
the viraity of locations and freedom to choise were you want to expricence if it is somewhere the management deem will give you some benifit in the final job roll.
4. How valued do you feel by Rolls-Royce?
Having completed my apprenitceship i feel very valued now. as a apprenitice it was very varied to how i was treated.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
alot of support if i needed it, having a learning difficulty support was there as required.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
same as above alot of support if i needed it, having a learning difficulty support was there as required.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
As a aprrenitce it was ok as i live with my parents which helped, i paided a nomial amount each month. however some would have struggled if living by themselves
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes there is a AGA wich orginise events
9a. Would you recommend Rolls-Royce to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Paied degree, interesting place to work, very cleaveer people who want to help you.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Rolls-Royce? *
make sure sure you have something which makes you stand out to do with engineering, such as biulding computers ( like me) or cars something which shows you have a personal interest.
More from Rolls-RoyceMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!