Advanced Practical Engineering Apprentice at Rolls-Royce

Barnoldswick

Connect with Rolls-Royce

8.3/10

I'm a practical engineering apprentice. My Weeks a very varied, I'm involved with jobs such as turning, milling and fitting activities.

All the practical skills I have learned were completely new to me. I feel y communication skills have improved and my self confidence has improved with this.

I really enjoy my programme and would recommend this to anyone.

4. How valued do you feel by Rolls-Royce?

I'm a valued member at Rolls-Royce just like all its employees.

My programme is well organised and is all planned out right up to my finishing date.

I receive ample support and also we have the space to solve problems for our selves. I feel this is important for the learning process.

When working on the shop floor we are always paired with an employee to guide us through the manufacturing processes.

I live fairly comfortably on my wage as I still live with my parents. I would struggle if I had my own house.

I have sped time volunteering, I have been into a local school and youth club to promote engineering. So yes there are opportunities to get involved with.

9a. Would you recommend Rolls-Royce to a friend? *

For someone who is practically minded like my self this is the perfect line of work with good prospects for the future.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Rolls-Royce? *

Make sure you present yourself in a smart manner at interview i.e. smart suit, clean shoes etcetera. Try and answer questions in the interview to the best of your ability. Try to relax and be your self, its very normal to be nervous. When starting the programme try your best to get to know people you are working with, I think its important to have good working relationships, this way people are more willing to teach you and will have respect for you.