Advanced Technical Apprentice at Rolls-Royce

Derby
27th April 2016

Connect with Rolls-Royce

7.3/10

Advanced Technical Apprentice, Currently working as a Component Definition Engineer, creating 3D models and drawings for production components.

Yes, I have developed many specific skills involved in my day to day tasks as well as transferable skills such as teamwork, comunication, presentation and critical thinking

I enjoy my day to day experience at work and am usually happy working in assigned teams. My job is challenging enough to keep me interested and I enjoy working in the aerospace industry.

4. How valued do you feel by Rolls-Royce?

I feel well valued by the company and am always given significant tasks and responsibilities in roles. The company's endevour to invest in my education and development is encouraging.

The programe is reasonably well organised although I often feel that comunication across the scheme is poor and we are often not informed when changes are made to the structure of the programme.

Training provider - Derby College, Although I have had a good relationship with Derby College staff in past years I have recently experienced a lack of organisation and willingess to teach from many of the staff there after moving onto a Higher Education programme.

Support from the company is excelent and I always feel that I can speak to one of my training oficers about any work related or personal problems that I encounter. Again however comuncation can sometimes be an issue.

I think that the apprentice salary at Rolls Royce is very reasonable and I have never been in a position where my wage has not been meeting my financial requirements.

Although I do not personally take part, there are many social and other related opportunities available on the apprenticeship. The Apprentice and Graduate ascociation regulary organises events and there is a RR Welfare located very close to work and open to all employees.

9a. Would you recommend Rolls-Royce to a friend? *

I have throughly enjoyed many aspects of the apprenticeship. I am also very happy with my development over the course of the scheme and am pleased with the jobs that the compnay offers apprentices upon completion.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Rolls-Royce? *

I think that it is good to show a keen interest in the nature of the company as well as some of it's history and it's role in the engineering industry. You show enthusiasm and a keen interest in Engineering and related topics.