Component Definition Engineer at Rolls-Royce

Derby
27th April 2016

Connect with Rolls-Royce

9.3/10

I am part of the component definition group. This entails creating models and drawings of parts.

I started with no experience in this field, so all of the skills i now have, i have learnt through my appenticeship.

At the moment, I cannot fault it. I enjoy everything I do thorughout a normal day at work.

4. How valued do you feel by Rolls-Royce?

I have heard on some apprenticeships that apprentices are treated as lesser people. This is not the case at ROlls Royce. I am treated and valued as one of the team and get credit for the work I complete on a day to day basis.

Again, I cannot fault the structure of my programme. I always seem to have work that is pushing my comfort zones and encouraging me to learn more. I never fell like I am left alone whilst working on sometyhing new and always have the support of another team memeber to guide me if I eperience a problem with something.

I never fell like I am left alone whilst working on sometyhing new and always have the support of another team memeber to guide me if I eperience a problem with something. This I feel helps me develope my previous and new skills.

There is constant support available if I feel I need it.

For me, I still live at home meaning that the only real out goings I have is petrol to get to and from work daily and also for social activities outside of work. I never feel like I am under paid and don't really sturggle with money.

Obviously, there are oppurtunities out side of work, but due to other commitments, I struggle to take advantage of these but I do when I can.

9a. Would you recommend Rolls-Royce to a friend? *

The experiences and knowledge that I have gained thorughout my time here will last a life time.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Rolls-Royce? *

Make sure you are confident and enthusiastic. If you go in to the application process thinking that you are not going to get in, you probably wont. Yes it can be time consuming writting CV's and preparing for assessment days, but it pays off. ITs all about the image you portray of yourself on the day that counts.