1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role as an track maintenance technician is extremely varied, one day we could be inspecting the rail for any defects and then the next forming ballast shoulders or changing sleepers.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt and exceptional amount of engineering skills, and how to comprehend mechanical engineering at high level.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I believe it is a good opportunity with a lot of potential for progression in the future.
4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?
Apprentices are highly valued at network rail and so much time and money is invested in our development.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
At times I have suffered difficulties, but I have had great support during these times.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
A good amount of support.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Its a reasonable wage.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes, voluntary work is open to us.
9a. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Its a great opportunity.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail? *
Be yourself and try your best.
More from Network RailMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!