1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am an apprentice working for network rail on the track department I do inspections and maintenance on the track
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes I have learnt a whole new set of skills within the railway
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Love it wish I had got on the programme sooner
4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?
Very they treat you on the same level as them so you don't feel like an apprentice or new comer
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very with set training programmes and learning you always know in advance what you will be doing next
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
A lot day or night someone is always there to answer a question
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Loads same as above always someone there to help
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
First and second year not a big wage if you have bills and children to pay for but in the long run definitely worth working through it
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes you can take your qualifications to other jobs or aboard
9a. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Job for life and even as a whole new experience you get all the help you need
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail? *
Keep your head down and finish the work research the company
More from Network RailMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!