1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Track apprentice, carrying out maintainance tasks to keep the railway running
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Personal skills in the first year with shared accommodation. Time keeping skills staying to a routine and handing in coursework. And technical skills in the work place
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The first year is an amazing experience with interesting fun people
4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?
I feel a valued member of network rail as I can bring develop skills with them and become a team member
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Coursework is straight forward and well explained
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Babcock offer guidance on the coursework
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My depot staff are always willing to help
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The wage given is sensible and allows you to learn how to budget
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
In the first year yes there is
9a. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
It's a great life experience and sets you up with a career
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail? *
Be honest, be yourself and be confident
More from Network RailMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!