Funeral service operative at Co-op

Gateshead
£171 weekly
25th April 2016

8.7/10

I work in funeral care, I bear coffins, driver funerals cars, carry out removals and work aside with a learn direct rep to complete a qualification on funeralcare.

Yes, I can now drive automatic cars (never had the experience before). I also had to confer with my rep without actually ever meeting her at first which is u usual.

I am quite happy with my experience as it is not too much pressure and Catrina is very helpful if I get stuck with anything.

4. How valued do you feel by Co-op?

I feel valued enough that I don't feel the need to be part of the Union like I did in my last job. However I will still be joining.

Very well structured. Catrina always makes it very clear what I have to do and what I have left to do. Also she makes me aware of what I can do to progress.

Every appointment I have with my trainer she always asks without fail if there is anything I need from her or anything at all she can help me with. So I am very happy with the support I get from her.

I haven't asked for any support yet as I'm quite happy with what I'm doing. Although my employer is happy for me to use the computers etc when needed.

it is enough to get by, however I would like a little more. Perhaps time and a half for call outs throughout the night as we're automatically off the next day and therefore can lose a days work if we're not called out.

Yes, there are courses to complete such as funeralcare qualifications and qualifications in embalming.

9a. Would you recommend Co-op to a friend? *

The pay isn't bad, they are understanding, they're basically a good company to work for in all respects. I have already given a friend a heads up and he has recently gained a job in funeralcare with the co op.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Co-op? *

Be yourself. Be honest with any mistake you do, as they are willing to help you if you help them. Very supportive.