1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Fabricator Apprenticeship. daily tasks - ensure a take 5 card (risk assessment) is complete steel work from erecting bulkheads, frames, shells, girders. also fairing up bulkheads, decks and frames. skills using tools and equipment such as MMA Welding gear, Oxy Fuel burning and machinery. Responsibility's are ensuring that me and everyone else is safe at all times during my work.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learned loads of new skills and picked up different things everyday. I also pick up qualifications at college. in work I get different training courses ensuring I'm certified to use certain tools and equipment safely.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the time at work, colleagues are helpful and friendly. the company tries its hardest to look after you.
4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?
I feel valued as an apprentice. I have been looked out for which makes the experience better.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
3 day induction to start us off. briefed on everything we should know. training officers provided if we need any help and support they also review our apprenticeship every 12 weeks.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
We have their mobile number for easy contact.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
support all around the yard from tradesmen to managers and supervisors to training officers.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
My salary is good, I don't struggle.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
yes, I have not been able to take part in anything to date.
9a. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Very good company and ensure you get properly trained in chosen trade.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems? *
to apply early and be confident.
More from BAE SystemsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!