Technical Apprentice at BAE Systems

Gillingham

8.0/10

Technical Apprentice working in the Faraday Test Centre. Raising paperwork, performing tests, raising certificates.

Learnt how an environmental chamber operates. Learnt various new environmental tests.

I get on well with my colleagues and the work loads. I feel accepted as part of the team in faraday.

4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?

I feel valued as a member of the team and that I am actively contributing to the work load.

The apprenticeship overall is well structured ensuring apprentices see a variety of work.

Some training providers have had issues but always try their best to support our education.

I have always been supported throughout my apprenticeship by the company through additional help and support.

My salary covers what I need to travel to and from work but maybe not living expenses.

There are many opportunities outside of work such as dance classes and football.

9a. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend? *

It's a good apprenticeship as it is well structured. Everyone is nice and will help if needed.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems? *

Enthusiasm and a project you have worked on is a good start to the application process.