Business apprentice at BAE Systems

Preston
22nd April 2016

It involves college once a week whilst getting experience in the business for the rest of the week. The work you receive during the week depends on what placement you are in.

With completing the college courses I have gained a lot of knowledge and skill which I have been able to transfer into the jobs I complete at work.

I enjoy the programme a lot and think it is a great opportunity for anyone involved.

4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?

In each placement that I have experienced so far, I have been welcomed and felt like a valued member of the team.

It is organised very well and has a strong structure to it which everyone follows.

We have reviews every 6 weeks to check up on our progress. And you can always email them if you have any issues.

My manager and teams that I have been in have always been very supportive and welcoming. And also having a lead for each function who contacts you regularly to make sure there are no issues, is also very helpful.

The salary and package that I receive meets all my costs.

We constantly receive emails offering us opportunities to go and represent BAE at workshops.

9a. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend? *

Very good employer, who look after every employee. Also offer lots of opportunities for your future.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems? *

Research heavily into the scheme itself and also the product they make before interview.