1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am an OHL apprentice, we specialise in maintainance of electronic equipment and work at heights.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
National grid have provided many courses and experiences to help not just with our current roles but skills that will be helpful all through our careers.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The programme is very enjoyable and the experience helps you to become very independent and confidant in your abilitys.
4. How valued do you feel by National Grid?
I feel very much like I'm part of the company. However like any large company I do sometimes feel lost and unsure of where I stand.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme is structured very well. For example, we spent the first 9 months learning a wide range of skills and building our confedance so when we eventually went to site we had a good all round knowledge of the work.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
My trainers are really helpful and I can approach them if I ever need help.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
The employer has provided me with all the tools, transport, accommodation, electronics (laptop phone etc) and facilities that I need to complete my training.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The salary is very good and is enough for me to get by.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are opertunities to volunteer for some activities but not many.
9a. Would you recommend National Grid to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Good company to work for, excellent training and a great job
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to National Grid? *
Be positive, confedant and ready to work well in a team.
More from National GridMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!