1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Aircraft maintenance mechanic (apprentice). Assisting the team servicing the aircraft.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Found the programme to be on the whole fairly enjoyable.
4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?
There could definitely have been more information fed down to the apprentices regarding a number of issues.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Again more information could have been supplied to the apprentices. Training was okay, certain subjects were less enjoyable than others but on the whole good.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Pretty good support coming from the tutors, management could have been better.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Kind of disorganised between our first year training and moving into our second year on base.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Having to rent a property, insuring a car, petrol and other living costs left very little disposable income at the end of each month.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Nothing was provided by the employer for outside opportunities, but I didn't expect this. I wouldn't expect it from any other job either, this question is a bit pointless to be honest????
9a. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
They offer many opportunities for furthering career prospects.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems? *
Do your research before the interviews.
More from BAE SystemsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!