Business Management Apprentice at BAE Systems

Preston

8.4/10

Currently I am working the People Capability team in the Procurement and Commercial Function. My role is particularly centred around comms and engagement so I am getting lots of visibility of the function and speaking to Directors therefore widening my network.

Yes- communications is a skill I have really developed. I am also going to be taking part in an ELLA(Life cycle management) training course in May to develop my skills.

I really enhoy working In my current team as they are so welcoming and easy to get along with. I also enjoy the fact that I am given lots of responsibility.

4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?

Very valued, the fact that I can challenge ideas and people listen is very important as it shows that people value your ideas and don't just think that you are a 'young' apprentice who knows nothing.

Very structured- I regularly meet up with my assessor to discuss my progress and also have 12 weekly reviews where my line manager is also involved.

Sometimes I struggle to get support from the training provider as they have so may apprentices to look after. I often go elsewhere for guidance.

I receive lots of support. I feel that I can always speak to somebody to talk to them about any problems that I have.

As I still live at home I don't have a huge outgoing cost however I think that if I did rent somewhere I possibly would struggle to cover the costs on my wage alone.

Yes there are quite a few activities particularly in the community helping out at school events or just a community event where someone needs some extra help with something.

9a. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend? *

BAE Systems looks after its apprentices very well and gives them great opportunities to improve their skills.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems? *

Always research the apprenticeship and know lots of detail about the company before applying. By being able to portray that you want to work for the company is a major benefit to you.