Structural Detail Designer at BAE Systems

Glasgow

7.8/10

Engineering Technician, Structural Detail Design

HNC Engineering Systems, SVQ level 2. Trained in CAD, 3D modelling, MathCAD. Structural Load calculations, lifting calculations, bending modulus calculations. Improved Excel and Word use. Competent in FORAN use.

Great team culture, experience shared.

4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?

Even as a structural design apprentice I still feel like an integral part of the structural team

Very well structured and organised. the plan for the 4 year program is given on day 1, support meetings are organised on a monthly basis

Support is constant and always available when extra is needed. Everyone treated as individuals.

any guidance from my employer that is required is encouraged to be sought. Open door policy.

living with my parents I dont feel the impact of living cost, but i feel my current salary would not be able to support independent living.

assuming this means work related opportunities outside of working hours, then yes, there are tonnes.

9a. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend? *

great training/development/opportunities

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems? *

be confident in yourself and your abilities. during assessment day, try to take charge or group activities but always drive it as a team.