1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Engineering Technician, Structural Detail Design
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
HNC Engineering Systems, SVQ level 2. Trained in CAD, 3D modelling, MathCAD. Structural Load calculations, lifting calculations, bending modulus calculations. Improved Excel and Word use. Competent in FORAN use.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Great team culture, experience shared.
4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?
Even as a structural design apprentice I still feel like an integral part of the structural team
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well structured and organised. the plan for the 4 year program is given on day 1, support meetings are organised on a monthly basis
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Support is constant and always available when extra is needed. Everyone treated as individuals.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
any guidance from my employer that is required is encouraged to be sought. Open door policy.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
living with my parents I dont feel the impact of living cost, but i feel my current salary would not be able to support independent living.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
assuming this means work related opportunities outside of working hours, then yes, there are tonnes.
9a. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems? *
be confident in yourself and your abilities. during assessment day, try to take charge or group activities but always drive it as a team.
More from BAE SystemsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!