Business Management Apprentice at BAE Systems

Warton

6.9/10

I currently work in procurement within BAE Systems and I help my team out with Statements of work, proposals and data requirements for new bids.

I have gained more confidence since being in this scheme and I have to deal with customers and suppliers all the time and have to constantly speak to new people.

I enjoy working in a professional environment and doing work that actually benefits the company and people get use out of.

4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?

I fee quite valued. Some of my work is used in real meetings with actual suppliers and this makes me feel important.

It is quite well organised. We have 5 placements in 5 different areas however I didn't find out till quite late what my recent placement was.

I receive quite a lot of support - I can speak to my assessors whenever I need to and they give me guidance.

My employer is helpful when I first join the team. They help me to understand what the team do and what my job role will be.

The salary I'm on now is good for my age but I do find it goes quick, however this should change when I get a pay rise.

There are lots of opportunities here to do lots of different things like travel and do a degree.

9a. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend? *

It's a very good company to work for as there are lots of opportunities and lots of ways for me to progress.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems? *

Make sure you're aware that if you're successful you will be spending a lot of time in an office.