1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I currently work in procurement within BAE Systems and I help my team out with Statements of work, proposals and data requirements for new bids.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have gained more confidence since being in this scheme and I have to deal with customers and suppliers all the time and have to constantly speak to new people.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy working in a professional environment and doing work that actually benefits the company and people get use out of.
4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?
I fee quite valued. Some of my work is used in real meetings with actual suppliers and this makes me feel important.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It is quite well organised. We have 5 placements in 5 different areas however I didn't find out till quite late what my recent placement was.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I receive quite a lot of support - I can speak to my assessors whenever I need to and they give me guidance.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My employer is helpful when I first join the team. They help me to understand what the team do and what my job role will be.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The salary I'm on now is good for my age but I do find it goes quick, however this should change when I get a pay rise.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are lots of opportunities here to do lots of different things like travel and do a degree.
9a. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
It's a very good company to work for as there are lots of opportunities and lots of ways for me to progress.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems? *
Make sure you're aware that if you're successful you will be spending a lot of time in an office.
More from BAE SystemsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!