1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Technical apprentice. Moving between placements to experience a wide variety of how the company works and to find a place that suits me best.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes, loads, various NVQ and BTEC qualifications coming out of out ears. Also a large range of a lot more specific skills developed to help us work better in the company such as a high standard of soldering. They develop you as a person throughout your 3 year course.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
A lot, there are so many different placements and people to meet and work with.
4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?
Within the site a very large portion of people working here started as apprentices, so they all appreciate where you are coming from.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well organised. All the training needed is planned and ready for you.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Not sure as I haven't needed to find out.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
As much as you require. They want the best possible employee, and as such are prepared to give you as much support as you need.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I haven't had any issues with it yet, although I live at home and moving out would probably be too expensive at the moment.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are loads of them as long as you are willing to put in the work.
9a. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Because it is a fantastic place to work provided you are willing to put in the hard work.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems? *
You don't need to worry about the knowledge you have. Any knowledge you would need for the job is taught to you, you must just have a drive for learning and a passion to succeed. (Yes I know how cheesy and horrible that sounded)
More from BAE SystemsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!