Technical Apprentice at BAE Systems

Rochester

9.3/10

Technical apprentice. Moving between placements to experience a wide variety of how the company works and to find a place that suits me best.

Yes, loads, various NVQ and BTEC qualifications coming out of out ears. Also a large range of a lot more specific skills developed to help us work better in the company such as a high standard of soldering. They develop you as a person throughout your 3 year course.

A lot, there are so many different placements and people to meet and work with.

4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?

Within the site a very large portion of people working here started as apprentices, so they all appreciate where you are coming from.

Very well organised. All the training needed is planned and ready for you.

Not sure as I haven't needed to find out.

As much as you require. They want the best possible employee, and as such are prepared to give you as much support as you need.

I haven't had any issues with it yet, although I live at home and moving out would probably be too expensive at the moment.

There are loads of them as long as you are willing to put in the work.

9a. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend? *

Because it is a fantastic place to work provided you are willing to put in the hard work.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems? *

You don't need to worry about the knowledge you have. Any knowledge you would need for the job is taught to you, you must just have a drive for learning and a passion to succeed. (Yes I know how cheesy and horrible that sounded)