Apprentice at Aldi

Chester

8.2/10

On a day to day basis I do what any other Aldi worker does, I work as part of a hard working team to ensure the best care for customers and high rates of efficiency.

I have learnt and developed many areas of my personal and work life, I have improved my communication skills through communicating with both my colleagues as well as the customers.

I find this programme to be very enjoyable and it gives me great aspects for the future, I feel like I am being led into a career at a young age which sets me up for the rest of my working life.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 2 roles at Aldi

4. How valued do you feel by Aldi?

I feel extremely valued as an employee, any needs that I have are tended to in the best way possible, both my employers and my colleagues treat me with kindness and respect.

This is something which I believe could be improved, my tutor does not drive yet she has to commute to Chester from Manchester every month to have a visit with me, it would seem more convenient to have a tutor who had better means of travel in order to avoid any inconveniences for anyone.

I get the support that I need, although most of the work which I need to do for the training side of my apprenticeship is virtually guided, I research for various answers in order to extend my knowledge.

This is by far the best thing about my apprenticeship, I love the support which I receive from the managers at my store, they help me with any problems I may be having whether this is work based or personally. They are very sympathetic towards all employees and they understand how every situation needs to be dealt with in the best possible way.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 2 roles at Aldi

My pay per month covers my basic spending along with various luxuries, this programme has already given me the opportunity to extend my independence by becoming more mobile.

Whilst I have been working at Aldi we have had various occasions as a work team, we have impromptu social events which everyone is welcome to attend. This is something which I believe makes us such a strong team, we know each other both on a personal and a professional level.

9a. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend? *

Aldi gives the opportunity not only for a job, but a career, they offer benefits to help their employees from the start of their Aldi career all the way through to pension programmes. This is something which I think a lot of people would be intrigued by.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aldi? *

Be yourself, be honest and loyal and really sell yourself, everyone who is successful in getting a job is accepted into the work team immediately. It is then down to you to really cement your position as a key team member.