1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Formulating products & measuring stability along with coming up with new technologies and understanding process-ability of products
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes - I have learnt new lab techniques on equiptment I wouldnt use at university
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoyed the challenge of balancing work life and university along with the socail side of things but I most enjoy seeing products I have helped develop on the shelves in supermarkets
4. How valued do you feel by Unilever?
I feel valued - they must believe in me as they wouldn't have given me a permanent job after the apprenticeship finished
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
From the college, they can be temperamental but the university are very helpful in going out of their way to ensure we are ready for the course
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
lots - if there any issues or concerns we have there are people who will help/give you guidance on what to do
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Travelling to uni is the only expense to pay but the salary is sufficient to cover this
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
there wasnt when i first started but there are more and more
9a. Would you recommend Unilever to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Because its multinational company with plenty of opportunity
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Unilever? *
Research the company before and interview to see what we sell and what we are also doing in communities to improve livelihoods and understand a little bit of science behind the products we sell but most of all be yourself!
More from UnileverMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!