1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
GTAM Mechanical Apprentice: Working on gas compressors and piplines in my zone
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
During this first year we have spent most of our time at the training center in eakring developing our mechanical and hand skills. In our second year we spend more time on the job. i have developed existing skills as i have previous expreience in engineering.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I thoughrly enjoy my programme and i am looking forward to spending more time on job.
4. How valued do you feel by National Grid?
I feel very valued by nationl grid and find it easy to speak to higher management
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme has changed many times during my first 6 months. At West Chesire College the organisation of the staff has been poor (alough grid are pursuing this)
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I recive lots of support from the excellent trainers. They are well competant within there fields.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I recive lots of support from my employer. Its easy to contact my program leader if i need any support
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The salary is very good and offers more than most other apprenticeships i looked at.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
They is plenty of time to take part in extra activites out of work
9a. Would you recommend National Grid to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Great job, good salary, great company to work for with plenty of opertunities to progress in the future. You also get very good qualifications at the end of your apprenticeship.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to National Grid? *
Perserverance always pays off. If you dont get in first time try again.
More from National GridMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!