1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Switch between training courses at the training facility at eakring and maintaining a 400kV substation at various sites
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I'm getting better at understanding how the equipment i work with operates and understanding of electrical principles is dveloping
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
the job is enjoyable as it differs everyday and the mechanical side of the job is something I really enjoy and the training facilities are really good for developing skills
4. How valued do you feel by National Grid?
i feel as my apprenticeship goes on my role is becoming more important
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
the structure is good
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
when needed the support is very good
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
when needed the support is good
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
the pay is very good for apprentice wage
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
yes if you want to be proactive its a great possibillity
9a. Would you recommend National Grid to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Its a very good company to work for with good job security
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to National Grid? *
The employers are looking for a mixture of practical skills and personallity so be yourself
More from National GridMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!