1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Overhead lines apprentice. Maintaining the overhead lines in my area of the country.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt to climb and developed my team working abilities.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy it very much especially when based on site working with my gang.
4. How valued do you feel by National Grid?
I feel they do look after me well, more when I am in my gang based back home.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme is fairly well structured but it is changed on a much too regular basis and spending long times away from home is not ideal for me as I have a young child.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
The trainers are very supportive and are always willing to give extra help if required.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I feel I have been given all the support I require at the moment.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Yes and the pay increases are very good too
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes but I'm more focused on the apprenticeship and being away from home doesn't really allow me to do extra things at the moment. It's not a priority for me.
9a. Would you recommend National Grid to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Good job, work with great people.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to National Grid? *
Enthusiastic approach to work.
More from National GridMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!