Cost Engineer at Jaguar Land Rover

Gaydon
Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4)
11th April 2016

9.9/10

I am a cost engineering apprentice. So far I am full time in college doing a foundation degree in engineering. When I'm in plant during half term holidays, I usually get sent to training courses or am given tasks related to my department.

I have learnt both from training courses and college course. I have gained both engineering knowledge and professional skills during the last 6 months.

It exceeded my expectations in many ways and I believe that it gives me the best opportunities to develop.

I have been told many times that me and my colleagues will be the future of the company and that my position will be very important for the business.

My programme is very well organised. I already know my work placements for the next 4 years and am fully aware of my training programme.

Our college always ensures that we are happy with the course and welcomes any feedback. Support is easily accessible.

I am fully supported by my line manager and mentor.

It covers all of my current costs.

There are voluntary initiatives that the company encourages to take part in. Also, there is a variety of events and leisure activities.

All around they are a great company. They are passionate about what they do and threat their workers very well.

Application Process is long, but be patient as there are many people applying for the positions.