Entertainment Department Apprentice at ITV

7.3/10

I am the apprentice in the Entertainment department at ITV. I am the go to person for any queries within the department such as meeting room and parking space availability, technology issues and general assistance. I also work as a runner on the studio shows.

I have learnt so many new skills I can't even describe! I have learnt skills in communication, everyday issues, problem solving, thinking on my feet, decision making and many more. My confidence has grown as I have learnt more and more skills.

I really really enjoy my programme. I have gained vital inside knowledge about the media industry throughout my apprenticeship and I feel in a really good place for future employment opportunities.

4. How valued do you feel by ITV?

Incredibly valued. My managers make it a priority to look after me and make me aware and proud of my achievements - giving regular feedback and continuously thanking me for my hard work and commitments.

The training provider itself could be better - they are sometimes disorganised and don't communicate very effectively with the apprentices. This is however more of a reflection of them rather than ITV itself. When in a busy department it is challenging to create an effective work / study balance, trying hard to prioritise the two has become difficult.

We receive an average amount of support. My personal tutor has been effective however this is not the feedback I have heard from all apprentices, with some feeling their training provider tutor lacks effective communication and organisation skills.

Tremendous amounts. My two personal line managers are incredibly supportive and have a great involvement in my progress throughout the apprenticeship. They also give us guidance for life after our apprenticeship.

Not great at all. I live away from home and am renting a flat in London with some other apprentices. Luckily we are all fortunate enough to have parents who can support us with the financial costs, without this there is no way I could be down here doing my apprenticeship.

Work has allowed us many opportunities within the media world, not outside of ITV I wouldn't say but plenty of opportunities to engage with within. I am embracing all opportunities present.

9a. Would you recommend ITV to a friend? *

Because it is one of the leading worldwide companies to work for if you would like a career in Television Production. From what I can see it is a great company to work for.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to ITV? *

Be yourself, be confident, enthusiastic, have knowledge (and opinions!!) on the show, do your research, show your ambition and prepare well for any application or interview stages.