Trainee Associate at PwC

Leeds
School Leaver Programme

Connect with PwC

I am in the Reward & Employment team within Tax. I get involved with and help out on the following types of work: NMW and NLW compliance and implications, Holiday Pay compliance, CIS compliance, Reward Schemes design and implementation (LTIP's), Salary Sacrifice implementation, PAYE reviews. I have also been able to get involved with the Pensions Insolvency Team

I am studying towards the ATT qualification which gives me a general but in depth understanding of various types of tax. I have also developed my skills of writing professional emails and letters to HMRC and clients. Another skill I have developed is being more confident ringing and speaking to people I have never met before which is key when working in such a large organisation.

I really enjoy the work I am involved with and I find it very interesting. I get along with my team and other teams within the firm and attend a lot of socials to meet new people and socialise with people I alreday know. Even the ATT qualification is hard, I find it interesting and support given by people at work and at college makes it a lot easier.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 10 roles at PwC

4. How valued do you feel by PwC?

I feel very valued by my team, including the Director/Partner in charge of the team. I am asked to get involved with work all the time by lots of different people which also makes me feel valued.

The programme is very well structued and it is clear it has been created with lots of thought. This is due to the number of training programmes I have attended.

Receive lots of support from the training provider and they are always willing to answer any queries I might have. The material given to me to help with my studies backs up the amount of support given.

Receive lots of support from PwC and they give me enough time to be able to study towards my ATT and do well and also complete my diploma work.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 10 roles at PwC

Meets all of my living costs, travel costs, daily costs and social costs and allows me to save quite a bit of money as well which is very important.

There are lots of different things to get involved with. This includes, sports teams, socials, company events and conferences, and volunteering.

9a. Would you recommend PwC to a friend? *

Get to work for the largest professional services firm in the world, which offers so many different oportunities, as well as paying for you to become qualified in the profession.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to PwC? *

Do a lot of preparation for online tests and assessment day tests by practicing ones online. For the interview, look at the PwC Profesional, and compare yourself against each of the areas and think of an example/scenario of when you have shown you have these skills.