Maintenance Engineer at BMW Group

Swindon
6th April 2016

Connect with BMW Group

8.1/10

As a role of an engineer maintenance apprentice i take care of the machines, robots and equipment so that they function correctly to maintain the production line.

I have learnt a number of practical skills such as using machines like a mill, lathe and understanding pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems.

I very much enjoy my prgramme and have learnt a large number of different skills, practically and academically over a very short period of time.

4. How valued do you feel by BMW Group?

I feel very valued within the BMW group and have felt very welcome within the company and the work force. The BMW group encourage you to aspire academically and practically.

The structure at work is really good and the different placements are organised. However, college is not as organised due to lack of staff members.

My training provider is extremely supportive and always monitors the apprentices. Also provides help and guidance when needed and encourages all apprentices to work hard.

BMW group is a larger company however you do recieve a lot of support from your employer to exceed and develop as an indivdual within the company.

As an apprentice wage we earn a very impressive salary as well as a pay rise every six months if we meet the work requirements and standards.

There are a lot of prospects in the BMW group such as being able to travel abroad such as Germany, Brazil, America, China and South Africa.

9a. Would you recommend BMW Group to a friend? *

BMW group is a good secure company with a lot of prospects with good income and friendly specialist helpful workers that help train the individuals

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BMW Group? *

It is important to be prepared to work hard within the company and be expected to wrok from the bottom to the top by working hard and being prepared.