Technical Specialist at RBS

Connect with RBS

7.9/10

I am a technical specialist in Payment Operations, Services. On a day to day basis I deal with customer requests for electronic shares transfers, currencies deadlines and various payments. There is a routine each day which can sometimes vary with the workload.

Through the various tasks within my role I have developed my existing skills alot. I have worked on my public speaking skills by delivering projects and ideas to my team.

I am extremly happy with the job role I was given and enjoy the daily tasks that are presented. It can be challenging and requires hard work in my job role but overall it is very rewarding.

4. How valued do you feel by RBS?

I feel very valued at RBS especially by my team and manager. I feel I could makea a difference and RBS will support me to have a long term career within the company.

In terms of the apprenticeship programme, the exams/assignments do not corralate to my daily work so it is good to be learning new things in each aspect. The organisation from BPP (learning provider) could be better but the structure is good.

This depends on the task and who your tutor is. My previous tutor was very supportive in my role and was very attentive to answering questions and queries whereas my current tutor does not respond as urgently.

RBS are very supportive of my apprenticeship and are openly eager to help and ensure I get the best grades. I am allocated suffice time every week to complete assignments or study for exams and allowed more time if needed.

Fortunately I live with family so my bills are kept to a minimum - the salary is suffice but just about.

There are various opportunites outside of work through the groups and societies in RBS. Through these groups they hold internal and external events to attend, or even take part in volunteering.

9a. Would you recommend RBS to a friend? *

Established reputable company who offer a paid apprenticeship with the chance to stay as a permanent member of staff! They are keen to look after the apprentices and they hold various events for us to get involved often.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to RBS? *

Be more than prepared for the application/interview/assessment centre process. Was very challenging but worth it.