1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Substaion apprentice, a mixerture betweeen college like courses in the Eakring training base and a mixture of on site based activitys.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt many new skills includeing fitting skills, low voltage electrical skills and mechicanical maintancene skills.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the practical based role within the programme. I enjoy the support and advice given by both trainners and managers.
4. How valued do you feel by National Grid?
I feel very valued by the company as the support they offer and the educational understanding of each apprentice is recognised.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The schedule in which we are given is spread out nicely between on site and off site training courses. In each course we are given the correct amount of time to complete the course properly.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Plenty of support is given by trainers on how to improve your work and praise on what you have done well.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Support is given by managers on what we need to do progress on further through are apprenticeship and that support and guidence is there if needed.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Very well as i am still at home and only young.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are many opportunitys for charity work aswell as social activities outside of work.
9a. Would you recommend National Grid to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Because the job prospects are amazing aswell as the skills obtained.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to National Grid? *
Learn about the company and look into the job role itself to see if thats the route you are sure you want to go down.
More from National GridMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!