Portfolio Management at RBS

Manchester

Connect with RBS

6.1/10

My role is a support role for a team of relationship managers. Each relationship manager has a portfolio of customers behind them which we look after. From excess's to facility agreements every single piece of work is for the customer and what they want. It is a customer facing role weather its going out to meet customers or on the whole, I am always speaking to customers.

I have definitley developed my communication skills as I have to come into contact with customers on a day to day basis. I have also developed my organisational skills as there are deadlines to tasks and lots of things to remember so it is neccessary to be organised 24/7

I really enjoy my apprenticeship as I am learning how to do a job and earning at the same time. I find the job very versitile and interesting as no day is the same and I enjoy getting different tasks and learning new things.

4. How valued do you feel by RBS?

I feel very valued by RBS and I felt like part of the team from the very begining, everyone is very welcoming and people are up for getting me involved in everything from the very start which I ighly appreciate.

My programme is certainly organised as I was given a learning plan from the very begining so I had an idea of what was ahead of me from there. The exam revision was very structured and we were given set dates and times for when we had to watch the webinars and it meant that I was prepared for my exam well ahead. I have training in my invdividual team for the job I am taking on which I believe is organised.

I believe that I recieve a great amount of help from my training provider as we have monthly progress reviews which help me keep on top of everything going on in the apprenticeship. A mentor is also always there to help you can either email or phone and everyone is given their own individual mentor who you can go to whenever you need advice.

I recieve alot of support of my employer and have regular reviews with my line manager meaning that I am up to date with everything and I can talk to them about any concerns regularly.

I think my salary is very good for an apprenticeship andit meets my costs very well.

There are not many

9a. Would you recommend RBS to a friend? *

It is a great opportunity and their is something here for everyone

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to RBS? *