substation craft apprentice at National Grid

chester
5th April 2016

My role as an apprentice is to learn things to take on to site so i can start to undertake any work

yes i have imporved my handskills with my time in the workshops when im at college.

i really enjoy my program with a good mix of on site jobs and classroom based lessons.

4. How valued do you feel by National Grid?

i feel very valued at national grid as i am treated the same as any other employee that works here

my program is organised and structured very well as i understand where im meant to be hand when.

i get very god support from the training providers on my apprenticship as i am aloud to stay after work and go back over anythng i dont understand.

i recieve a very good level of support from my employer as i have regular reviews with my managers to iron out any issues i might have.

i am payed above the apprentice minimum salary and all travel to and from any work places are paid for by national grid.

there are many opportunities outside national grid as there are programs with kids to improve there maths and IT skills if you want to join in.

9a. Would you recommend National Grid to a friend? *

national grid i the best company i have worked for and have suported and looked after me over the past couple of months.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to National Grid? *

i would tell anyone who was applying for a position with national grid to learn the core values, respect, integraty, ownership and one team.