1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a building services technician (apprentice) working in an electrical team at Arup. I work day-to-day modelling in programmes such as Autodesk Revit (3D) and AutoCAD (2D). I also perform calculations for design purposes and help to coordinate services with colleagues.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt about the electrical design of buildings and some of the different aspects that need to be implemented for it to be a success. I am studying a level 3 course on construction and built environment for building services. I have learnt how to use the programme Revit to model services and how to use AutoCAD.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
It is a pleasure to go to work every morning.
4. How valued do you feel by Arup?
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well organised.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
A fair amount of support.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are lots of opportunities.
9a. Would you recommend Arup to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Everyone is extremely pleasant and helpful.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Arup? *
More from ArupMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!