Software Engineer at Capgemini

Sponsored Degree Programme
31st March 2016

Connect with Capgemini

7.6/10

Completing change requests using COBOL and DB2 and running a handful of different systems for HMRC

Yes, learned more about COBOL and DB2, working with a completely different type of programming language. Learned lots of customer interaction skills too.

Sometimes work does get tedious and the degree studying is a hell of a lot of effort but the pay off at the end will be big.

4. How valued do you feel by Capgemini?

Rewarded with promotions but not much recognition for over performing

Now that we are on the degree course things are much better structured, although still not perfect.

Lots, we have weekly lectures for each module, can book private Q and A sessions with each lecturer, they respond to emails in a timely manner and provide lots of course material.

They provide us with lots of study days but nothing else outside of that

Living a very comfortable life renting a 4 bedroom house with housemates. Never felt as if I've missed out on anything due to lack of money. Been to long weekends away and festivals, regular nights out etc. Capgemini provide any cost to travel to on-site lectures and exams as well as overnight accommodation for lectures. Wouldn't provide accommodation for exams though which was slightly disappointing.

I haven't seen loads personally, but I haven't been actively looking for them

9a. Would you recommend Capgemini to a friend? *

Degree fully paid for with a solid wage for someone my age.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Capgemini? *

Don't worry so much about technical skills, obviously it is useful but they train you as if you know nothing about your job at the start. People in my course hadn't written a single piece of code when they started but we did 3 months of full time paid training which got us up to speed.