customer service advisor at Barclays

Yorkshire & The Humber
September 2013

Connect with Barclays

8.8/10

i am a cashier at barclays bank which includes duties such as serving customers on the tills, cash management behind the scenes and helping customers in the banking hall. i have responsibility to make sure my till balances at the end of the day and that customers are served efficiently and in a timely mannor

I have gained NVQ level 1 and 2 in providing financial services. i have also done lots of internal training courses to support my role. i have learnt a lot customer service and banks work

I have enjoyed my program whilst working at barclays. I feel the work assigned to be doing at the same time could have been a bit more challenging.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 2 roles at Barclays

4. How valued do you feel by Barclays?

I feel i have achieved a lot in my year at barclays i have had the option to apply for further development with barclays which i have applied for, this a foundation program to go towards a degree. i have also been on a recognition lunch with the regional director for the work i have done this year.

It was well structured and i had timely meetings with my tutor. I had adequate time to also do my studying/work book and the work throughout the year was well broken up into sections.

I have had great support from employer giving me time to complete my work along side the role i have been doing. I have had monthly one to ones to follow up on my work and support from the rest of my team to help me in my role.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 2 roles at Barclays

Although i live quite far away and do pay travel costs i feel the salary was a good starting wage.

At barclays they have opportunities to go out of the work place to do whats called money skills events which i have taken part in.

9. Would you recommend Barclays to a friend?

i think barclays are a good company to work for

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Barclays?

Have a well structured CV and prepare for your interview.