Software Engineer at Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Hook

Connect with Hewlett Packard Enterprise

8.6/10

I am a software engineer who works on providing the best service in regards to our customers as possible. I am often given new tasks to increase the accessibility and usability of the software we support in order to make our customers experience as good as possible.

I am very confident in the Linux Operating System and C/C++. I am also learning how to write tests to cover certain conditions within created programs.

I love the program that I am working on and am learning new things everyday. I am pushed to achieve the best results as possible and find that working on my it skills improves my overall understanding.

4. How valued do you feel by Hewlett Packard Enterprise?

I feel more and more valued as i develop as a software engineer and am integrating into the team, as time moves on, I am sure to feel more and more valued.

I feel the program could be better organised as certain processes have not been well organised as we are working with other employees and so if some teaching input is required, this is hard to receive from people who are not there or employed to teach us apprentices.

I receive a good amount of training support however communicate is sometimes a problem and this will be something that I will discuss on our next meeting together.

I receive a good amount of support and this is improving as time goes on.

I feel my salary is good and I am able to afford the costs such as travelling to and from work. As time goes on however, it would be ideal to receive a higher salary.

There are a selection of opportunities such as volunteering outside of work and we are actually provided with hours to do this. There is also a fitness session that I attend for HPE employees which allows a connection with other people in the account.

9a. Would you recommend Hewlett Packard Enterprise to a friend? *

I love working at HPE and there are many opportunities to progress and develop within the company.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Hewlett Packard Enterprise? *

I would suggest that you have a strong interest in this area of work and that you come into the apprenticeship with a clear mind and an eager attitude to learn