UK&ITO Apprentice at Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Newcastle
29th March 2016

Connect with Hewlett Packard Enterprise

6.4/10

My job is first line support so I answer the phone to clients who are experiencing a problem.

I've learnt new skills from the courses we do at QA and also the training modules my work manager has set me.

So far the programme has been very enjoyable. I find my team easy to get along with and they're all very helpful.

4. How valued do you feel by Hewlett Packard Enterprise?

I've only been an employee at HP for 5 months so I don't feel that I'm valued by the company/my manager etc... that much.

The HPE side programme could've been structured better in my opinion but the QA side has been great. HPE have given me training modules to do but I completed them a while ago and haven't been set any others even though I've mentioned this to my line manager etc... However, the QA programme has been great and I have no complaints.

I receive a great deal of support from QA. My mentor sometimes takes time to reply to my emails but that is understandable due to the amount of apprentices he caters for.

The support I've received from HPE so far hasn't been as good as I'd anticipated. I've spoke to the HR team 4/5 times now and they've been very helpful but I feel as if since were apprentices we aren't thought of as much as employees who've been at the company for a while.

Most of my wage goes on my car, getting to and from work and food/drink. I'm not left with as much as I'd thought I would be after I've paid for everything.

HPE does have lots of events/activities that are open to all of their employees that are after work/during the weekend.

9a. Would you recommend Hewlett Packard Enterprise to a friend? *

All of my friends either have a job/apprenticeship or they're a student who is currently at university or are planning on going this year.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Hewlett Packard Enterprise? *

The application process will take a very long time. Just be confident and make sure you've done some research when it comes to interviews/assessment days. I would've appreciated if we were given more information on what our daily routine at HPE would involve as we were left in the dark until we started the apprenticeship.