Store Apprentice. at Aldi

DARLINGTON

I am a trainee Deputy Manager. Daily tasks include date checks, putting morning deliveries out and back stock during the day, operating the till. I sometimes have the responsibility to have the safe key, do ordering and prepare and assign tills to my colleagues. I interact with a variety of people including delivery drivers, store staff, store managers and other managers also i deal with maintenance staff and customers.

I have gained and developed a wide variety of new skills which include communication skills, organisational skills, time keeping, listening skills, and working in a fast paced environment. I have gained level 2 retail skills, and now I am studying retail level 3 in retail skills.

I enjoy my apprenticeship because I am being given the opportunity to be responsible for many things. I have worked in many different stores and really like the team members I work with. The apprenticeship has met my expectations.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 2 roles at Aldi

4. How valued do you feel by Aldi?

I feel that Aldi have invested a lot of time and money in me and I appreciate that. Mal Briggs has been an exceptional Store Manager who I highly respect and who has taught me much of what I know.

I attended college one day a week in my first year and now I see an assessor in store from my college every month to set me tasks and to review my progress. I received induction and ongoing training in my training store.

I receive lots of support from my assessor. I am able to contact her if I have any queries or problems outside of her visits. She is very supportive of me.

My manager This section of the comment has been removed by a member of the RateMyApprenticeship Team because it did not meet our site terms and conditions has shown an exceptional level of support towards me. He was there to guide and support me with my training or any problems that I was experiencing.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 2 roles at Aldi

I am on an apprenticeship wage which varies depending on the hours I am given.

There are staff nights out arranged by the store manger and separate nights out arranged by individual groups of staff.

9a. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend? *

It is a good start to a career in retail.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aldi? *

Everything was as described. Enjoyed the work trial day towards the end of the process as it confirmed to me that I was joining the right company and training for the right career.