Mortgage Processor at Lloyds Banking Group

Edinburgh
24th March 2016

Connect with Lloyds Banking Group

4.0/10

I deal with intermediaries who place new business with us. I process new mortgage applications, verifying income and ensuring the application is correct. I also take calls from solicitors with queries as they organise completion.

My confidence levels have improved as I have had to have someone listening into my calls, had to record live answers to knowledge questions and also have full discussions about my role. Also at the mid year I got the chance to meet new people.

I felt alot of the work wasn't really linking well with my job role. It was more based on a customer facing role rather than Intermediary Telephony and I struggled to answer alot of the questions. I enjoyed the half way meeting as this was more about personal development.

4. How valued do you feel by Lloyds Banking Group?

As an experienced colleague, I get alot of opportunities to support and get involved in training. I also was able to travel to a different site and provide training which was paid for by the business.

I feel the support provided for the apprenticeship was lacking as I have had 3 different assesors. When my 2nd one had left, there was a 6 month period where I had no assessor therefore wasn't able to progress. I received another assessor for 1 visit in Dec 15 however someone else took over to try get us completed. Now in Mar 16 I'm not yet completed.

As per my previous answer, I have had 3 different assessors now, the first 2 were very helpful and knowledgable and helped me understand the questions in a way I could answer, I only had 1 meeting with my last assessor and a more experienced colleague took over to get us completed.

My employer provided 1 and a half hours a month to do my appreticeship work. I feel for the work we were given this wasn't enough. I managed to get some done at home but alot required me to review HR resources. I got alot of support from my team coach.

I feel the salary paid is well below the standard for the same job in other companies. I feel the job I do is worth more than the salary paid and I also do more than my standard job in training and support.

I don't feel there have been any opportinities outside of work, I am unsure if I have just not come across any as of yet however I have not experienced any.

9a. Would you recommend Lloyds Banking Group to a friend? *

It is a good company to work for and if you manage to progress the salary packages do improve.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Lloyds Banking Group? *

Put yourself out there and be noticed. Chase opportunites to develop and progress.