Cash Processor at Lloyds Banking Group

Birmingham
23rd March 2016

Connect with Lloyds Banking Group

8.6/10

My job role as a Cash Processor at Lloyds comprises of various tasks such as resolving customer queries, liaising with branches and external colleagues, passing entries to customer accounts. Within this role I have developed my communication skill set by speaking to customers and branches via telephone and email and improved my problem solving skills by gathering information and using my analytical mindset to resolving queries.

I have learnt many skills on my business admin course of how administrative tasks should be performed correctly and also legislation in place which affects my day to day duties. I have been giving guidance and training by my mangers and even by colleagues to help me to complete tasks, which have improved my attention to detail.

I enjoy completing the workbooks as it gives me a refresher on business documents and administrative tasks which I had forgotten about. The team i work with are great they help support me and provide me with great guidance and feedback on how i am doing within the team. It has met my expectations and I am enjoying it.

4. How valued do you feel by Lloyds Banking Group?

I have received much appreciation from my colleagues and my managers, I have received e-cards which is a acknowledgment of the good work I am doing and this was presented to me by my manager in front of all my peers. I have been involved in many projects and I do feel very valued here at Lloyds.

I believe that the programme that I am on is highly structured as I was provided with workbooks from my tutor and learning pack guides this gave me all the information I needed to complete my tasks. I had help from my tutor and my Flow leader they assisted me with the tasks I needed to complete giving me enough time allocated within the weeks to complete work.

I have received a lot of support from my tutor as she would schedule monthly 1-1 meeting to see how I was settling in the team over the months and assist in any guidance and information that I required. I consider myself to be a bright student and therefore i did not need to much help with the tasks set in place.

I received a lot of support from Lloyds as my line managers would always offer their support and assistance if I needed it. I was provided with allocated time within work hours to complete any outstanding workbooks. Overall I felt that I had enough support from my team and managers.

I believe the salary in Lloyds was fairly average as I live in Wolverhampton travelling to Birmingham each and every day is very long and costly on the train. However the location that the office is in is brilliant as there is many restaurants and bars around for socialising with my peers.

Outside of the workplace I like to raise money for charities and offer my services to charities. I also enjoy long walks on the beach and hitting the gym. Unfortunately there were no company events I could attend however the company are supportive of colleagues participating in a day to make a difference where they support a charity by either helping out offering their services, raising money or anything else to help a good cause.

9a. Would you recommend Lloyds Banking Group to a friend? *

I would recommend Lloyds to a friend as it is a great company to work for and has great opportunities within the company for promotion and for a person to develop themselves as a professional and to kick start their career in banking, working for a respectable company such as Lloyds.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Lloyds Banking Group? *

I would advise others to plan well before there interview and anticipate the questions that the interviewer might ask them dependant on the job role and to use the banks philosophy within their answers so they impress the interviewer. Also to have planned a few key questions to the interviewer to help understand the teams and the job role a little bit further.