Apprentice Store Assistant at Aldi

Barrow-In-Furness
Competitive
22nd March 2016

7.2/10

I follow the role very similarly to that of a Store Assitant and enjoy working along side knowledgeable staff. This includes, sticking shelves, keeping the store tidy and delivering good customer service on the tills.

I have learnt how to work in a fast paced retail environment. Involving skills such as time keeping, financial figures and customer service skills.

I enjoy working with a wonderful team of staff and feel valued as a member of Aldi.

4. How valued do you feel by Aldi?

Aldi are a great company to work for and I am always being asked how I am finding the apprenticeship and I have been offered advice and support throughout from colleagues to area managers.

My program is well structured and feel its is fairly well organised.

Skills4You have been very good in providing me with the training and support I have needed to complete my qualification.

My employer offers great support and is always teaching me new knowledge.

For an apprenticeship the wage is very good, however you can sometimes feel let down when you follow the same role as over employees and get paid half there wage.

The staff often arrange different events and activities.

9a. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend? *

I have enjoyed my time with Aldi and have learnt lots of new skills I will carry for life. Therefore, I would recommend this to a friend as I feel they could learn along side earn!

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aldi? *

Be ready for hard work, but you won't regret it.