Apprentice at BBC

GLASGOW
22nd March 2016

Connect with BBC

5.7/10

Day to day we have varied positions depending on what department we are in at the time. Our main roles include shadowing,admin,runner,team assistant. Within those roles I have found myself, cable bashing in studio, booking trains/taxis/hotels & flights.

Yes I have learned many new skills since starting my job in BBC Scotland.

I love my current position in the BBC, I love having a varied role... each day is completely different.

4. How valued do you feel by BBC?

I feel valued but sometimes feel as though some people do not want to let you help out as much as others.

Most departments and areas of my apprenticship has been well organised and enjoyable however some departments dont have enough work,therefor you feel usless.

Our training providers have been fantastic since starting the programme, I feel very secure when needing advice or help.

Our employer gives us a huge amount of support and have been fantastic since starting the programme, I feel very secure when needing advice or help.

My salary is enough for me as I do not have a lot of outgoings however if I was not staying at home during my time at the BBC I would not be able to afford it.

9a. Would you recommend BBC to a friend? *

It is a fun, friendly place to work and i really hope to recieve a job after my programme is over.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BBC? *