CAP Reservations Manager at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Aldershot
20th March 2016

7.6/10

Managing a team of 16 reservations agent. Responsibilities cover, HR aspects, training and development, analysis to ensure smooth day to day running of the team and to ensure they are reaching minimum performance expectations.

Yes, time management especially as there are many aspects of the role to juggle - as this was a new role to me as well, I had to learn the department basics to get a sound understanding of the day to day running of the department and products and processes. My NVQ has allowed me to break down aspects of my management and research deeper, allowing me to adapt my current management style, where needed.

I do really enjoy the programme - but the time aspect has proved to be a challenge as I rarely get time to complete assignments within work time, and with a young baby - time out side of work can be stretched too - but overall, I enjoy my NVQ.

4. How valued do you feel by Enterprise Rent-A-Car?

I do feel valued - I have been with the company 5 years and have been fortunate enough for the majority of the time to have had good managers who are supportive and genuinely interested in my professional development.

My NVQ has been structured well and my assessor has provided sound guidance throughout the course. I am currently on the old style, paper based NVQ - in hindsight, I feel that completing all online may have been a little more organized for me! - but generally, all has been well structured.

My support has been fantastic. During my NVQ I had maternity leave and some health problems, during which time Waverly were very understanding and granted an extension. Regular communications and support have been great.

My rating here is mainly due to the time constraints in which I have been completing my NVQ - I have rarely been able to complete it at work (due to interruptions / limited time) so this is the only part of the NVQ I have found to be a challenge.

The salary package is OK, however compared to comparable positions outside the industry, Enterprise do pay a lower salary band. It currently meets my costs, but could earn more externally for the same type of position!

Yes, within the area there are many large business - and we are less than an hours commute from London - so there are endless opportunities in which skills would be transferable.

9a. Would you recommend Enterprise Rent-A-Car to a friend? *

The company, whilst hectic at times! - does have some pretty sound founding values - for both it's employees and customers welfare. Should you be willing to get your head down and work hard, this will normally be noticed and rewarded.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Enterprise Rent-A-Car? *

Be prepared to work hard, and your efforts will be recognized and rewarded. Enterprise are very big on internal progression and will invest time and money into you should your commitment and passion be there