Work Placement at Pinsent Masons

£0 weekly
18th March 2016

Connect with Pinsent Masons

9.7/10

I was in a different department everyday such as banking and litigation. I would be given different tasks, for example, proofreading, drafting emails and researching.

I learnt how to extract relevant information effectively. It helped me gain more confidence as my work was valued and used.

I enjoyed it very much because it allowed me to see how life as a lawyer would be and gave me a great insight into law. The firm was great and it certainly met my expectations.

4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?

My part within the team was recognised and the work I did was what the trainees were working on so it was valued and used later on. The team were very kind and welcoming.

It was very organised as the timetable we were given was followed thoroughly and everything was on time. I was given training into how to use their computer system, printers, etc.

My supervisors gave me a lot of support and explained every task thoroughly. They were very approachable and happy to help me when I needed it. They answered all my questions whether they were related to my task or more general questions about law.

The support was good because they made sure I had everything I needed on my first day and they were available if anything came up. They were very accessible as I could call them or email them.

I was given a £5 voucher for my lunch everyday which was more than enough for my needs. Travel costs, however, were for me to pay which was fine.

I don't know since this was a week-long placement therefore it is not relevant.

9a. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend? *

Because everyone in the firm was very friendly and the atmosphere overall was wonderful. It helped me see how life as a lawyer is which is very useful as it was what I wanted when I first came onto the placement.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons? *

Make sure your application form is filled out adequately with no spelling mistakes. During your time, make the most of it by asking any question that may be on your mind regardless of how trivial you may think it is.