1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role is to support and maintain the technology within the BBC, whilst working towards a BENG degree at university
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have developed theory skills at university relevant to the job roles. i have then used this in my placements with in the BBC and partners
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
My programme is generally enjoyable being able to mix with other apprentices during university blocks along with a range of roles in placements
4. How valued do you feel by BBC?
I am made to feel like part of the teams i work with on placement and am given a good range of real tasks
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme is well planned in advance for the time periods we spend in university and placement
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
We are able to contact the training provider via email when necessary. it can be hard to see them in person due to the time we spend away from the university
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My employer works with placement hosts and the university's to provide as much support as possible for our apprenticeship.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The salary meets our costs well and any extra cost incurred by being placed away for home for any period are covered along with tuition fees
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
The university periods can be intense but during placement times there is more opportunity to get involved in other activities
9a. Would you recommend BBC to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
the BBC works to look after employees and help them through the course and give a good experience.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BBC? *
Understand the role you are applying for and the reason you want to work in the role.
More from BBCMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!