BBC Scotland Apprentice at BBC

Glasgow

Connect with BBC

My job title is BBC Scotland Apprentice. My daily tasks vary from department to department. I socialise with my colleagues and assist on any projects/tasks that need done.

I have learnt quite a lot of internal training that assists my job. By the end of the apprenticeship I will have gained a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Creative and Digital Media.

I have loved my work so far and really enjoying it! The teams I have worked with are fantastic and it's a great company to work for.

4. How valued do you feel by BBC?

I feel very valued by the BBC as this is a one-off experience for anybody wishing to get involved in the business.

The induction takes place in August and you gain training in the first week of starting. You gain support throughout the year whilst studying for your degree. You have support meetings once a week with your tutor and line manager-once a month. The programme is well organised.

I gain support from my colleagues, the fellow apprentices, my tutor and my line manager.

I have a meeting with my line manager once a month and meet up with my lecturer once a week as well.

They cover all aspects of costs whether that be living,travel,daily,social or location.

There are some opportunities in which you can work at company events and festivals.

9a. Would you recommend BBC to a friend? *

It is a great company to work for and there are many opportunities to choose from.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BBC? *

The application process is so straightforward. The interviews- Just be yourself. Assessment days- brush up on your skills whether that be Maths or English. You gain a lot of experience from doing this apprenticeship which will help in the world of work.